Thursday, January 25, 2007

Ram Gopal Verma Ke Sholay???? Please!!!!!!

I guess after the era of remixed music...we better tie up our seat belts and get ready for a ride into the era of old movies being re-made...first Devdas, then Don & now Sholay!!!!



The Cast:
Amitabh Bachchan ... Gabbar Singh
Mohanlal ... Thakur Baldev Singh
Ajay Devgan ... Veeru
Prashant Raj Sachdev ... Jai
Nisha Kothari ... Basanti
Sushmita Sen ... Jaya Bachan
Sushant Singh ... Sambha
Rajpal Yadav ... Soorma Bhopali
Gaurav Kapoor ... Ahmed
Urmila Matondkar ... Dancing Seductress


I don't know how many of you remember, but I had sometime back written a post on the remake of Sholay. Now I would love to think that it was my post that inspired Ram Gopal Verma to go in the direction of re-making Sholay, but the fact remains that he had thought about it long before then. RGV is all set to re-make one of the finest movies made in the Indian cinema. He claims that he has watched Sholay 27 times (hey, c'mon I have seen DDLJ more than 50 times...would I remake it?) and the movie has been very close to his heart. As much as I hate this idea of re-making Sholay, I am also curious to see what exactly would it have to offer to the audience. I read somewhere that the movie will be set up in contemporary Mumbai and Basanti will be driving a cab???
With all due respect, Mr Verma....certain things are best when left alone!

6 Comments:

  • At January 28, 2007 10:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hey hey hey! I didnt realize you had started writing again! glad to see you back to blogging

    as far as Sholay is concerned...well like you said it will be interesting to watch and thats about it. After all how can "chal dhanno" beat "chal raam piyaari?"

     
  • At January 29, 2007 9:33 PM, Blogger Vivhyd said…

    we know bollywood is running out of ideas with sequels and remakes and unfortunately they r remaking wrong movies. Some movies r just fine when watched the 1st time.. Well lets c how Ramgopal is gonna mess this one up..

     
  • At January 31, 2007 12:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    eeks.. not looking forward to this one. :(

     
  • At February 04, 2007 10:47 AM, Blogger mannat said…

    Kaush, yeah started a few days back. True, I will watch it our of mere curiosity, and nothing more.
    Vivek, totally agree. I wish they could bring in more innovative ideas in bollywood rather than just remaking such great movies.
    Poonam...neither am I. But will definitely watch it once it comes out.

     
  • At March 05, 2007 11:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yuck, i m so not looking forward to it. But maybe, I will watch it on some pirated DVD - not adding away my hard earned money to RGV's coffer for this travesty!

    I wish AB hadnt agreed to it!

     
  • At June 22, 2007 11:05 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    You're right, certain things are best left alone! I am not too excited about the idea myself. :|

     

Post a Comment

<< Home