Monday, February 26, 2007

52nd Filmfare Awards

One thing that I always wait for in Feb/March are the Filmfare awards. I am so much addicted to them that I actually cut short my trip to LA by a day so that I can be home before Sunday to watch the awards (nah, just kidding...but my hubby definitely thinks so!).

Anyways, the movie buff that I am...such things are easily expected from me.

This year there was a a lot of hype about the awards night since for the first time it was going to be a black-tie event. Did it live up to the expectations? I didn't think so. It was a good show, but on the whole nothing that I would remember for too long. It was good enough to keep me glued to my TV for 4 hours, but as soon as it ended, I forgot most of it. Most of the times I record the award shows. And almost every time, I go back to see my favorite segment(s). This year there was none.

A few things, however, that I noticed were:

  • When Kareena Kapoor won the best actress (critic) award, she thanked everyone, but her dad. Infact she said that she wants to thank her mom for bringing her up single handedly. I thought Babita and Randhir Kapoor were always together. Did I miss on something??

  • Sticking with the Kapoors, I think both the sisters have started looking a lot alike.

  • Sridevi looked gorgeous. She has lost a lot of weight and was carrying herself real well.

  • Is it only me, or does Rekha always looks the same in all the award shows? She has such monotonous dressing sense.

  • Shahrukh as always was good as a host. Some of the jokes he cracked were hilarious.

  • I hated to see Abhishek & Aishwarya sitting together. I guess it is official – they are getting married:(

  • I am glad RDB bagged the maximum number of awards.

  • Can't believe that KANK was nominated for so many categories! Just because a movie has good casting and is directed by a well known director, does not qualify it to win awards.

  • Aamir Khan as always missed the awards night.

I guess the next in line are the Zee Cine Star awards. Let hope that they will be more entertaining than the Filmfare awards this year.


7 Comments:

  • At March 05, 2007 11:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Aamir Khan and Filmfare are on more than a cold war. The magazine has stopped using his name, following a legal notice from the actor. So now , if they really hv to use Aamir's name, it goes 'the star of Rang De Basanti' or some such thing (mostly derogatory, eg, the 'midget actor' kind)...

    I wasnt too pleased with RDB winning so many awards. Not the 'best film' one at least. Lage Raho... deserved that slot.

    I was shocked to see Vivaah totally out of the nominations, whereas Filmfare's own poll conducted last month showed the film at no.2 popularity. So, are the readers who vote for awards and in the polls different?

    Filmfare's strong biases/prejudices are now more than visible. (Their editor changed recently- initially i found him good, not now) Which are not really to my liking. In fact, they are becoming so irritating, that i hv a strong axe to grind with the magazine itself.

    The award nite was ok, and as u said nothing much to write home about.

    Ash-Abhi is official, and sealed by the media and various temples they keep visiting now and then.

     
  • At March 06, 2007 9:26 AM, Blogger Navjot Kashyap said…

    Hi.. Came here from DJ's blog. Nice blog you have. I missed the filmfare awards :-(

     
  • At March 06, 2007 6:44 PM, Blogger mannat said…

    DJ...I knew you never liked RDB and I guess there have been quite a few debates on that. So lets leave that alone for now:)
    I didn't know about the cold war between Aamir & Filmfare.
    Now that you mention, even I was rather surprised that Vivaah was not nominated in any category.
    These awards are biased.

     
  • At March 06, 2007 6:44 PM, Blogger mannat said…

    Navjot, thanks for visiting my blog. Believe me...you didn't miss anything big. The awards were an ok affair this year.

     
  • At May 25, 2007 8:48 PM, Blogger alex said…

  • At June 22, 2007 11:02 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Hey

    Love your blog and glad to find another movie freak. :) I love watching award shows but couldn't watch the Filmfare awards this year but as you said, they weren't that big a deal, makes me feel better. Keep blogging.

     
  • At June 25, 2007 8:54 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Hey

    Sorry I am using this space, didn't know where else to write.
    Nice to know that you used to read my blog. You know what? How about we keep each other motivated and decide to blog regularly? Because I've decided that I will write regularly from now on, what about you?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home