Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Height of absent-mindedness

Oh, well, I am back again after traveling for meetings for a few days. I was in Chicago for a Trade show, and then I was in Chicago again last weekend. Then I had to go to NC for a meeting. Finally got back home last night...So am still a bit tired and exhausted.

Anyways, I thought I will share a funny incident with you- well actually I should call it a serious incident. Lately I have been getting really absent minded. I just keep forgetting things. Need water...go to the kitchen, and have no clue what I am there for. Pick up the phone to call someone, end up calling someone else. Really...it's gotten so bad, that it's not even funny anymore. Oh well, I guess this is another sign of aging up. Watch out all the people out there---life is not the same after you cross that 25 yrs mark. I wonder what will happen after I cross 30...we'll watch & see. Anyways, so this other day, I took a shower in the evening, and when I got out and got dressed up, I realized that I needed some lotion on my face. So I went to the bathroom where all my lotions are and got some lotion out and applied it on my face. Now I use Aveeno (I am not sure how many of you are familiar with that, but it's a herbal lotion with no fragrance). So when I applied it, I could smell some scent. I thought maybe it's from my shower gel. I came out, grabbed my car keys, as I had to go somewhere. Before I stepped out, I started to have an itchy feeling on my face, which felt really weird. So I ran upstairs to the bathroom and washed my face ...and woola, there it was. I saw lather all over my face. It didn't take me long to realize that instead of applying lotion on my face, I put the hand washing soap with was on the sink as well. I couldn't stop laughing after that and thought that I seriously need to get some help. So now I am trying to get more concentrated.... let’s see how long that works. So you all know now, if I am missing on this blog, it might be that I forgot all about it. So give me a buzz to remind me:)

10 Comments:

  • At June 08, 2005 8:58 PM, Blogger Deepak Jeswal said…

    Well, i hv crossed the thirties, and its not all that bad. Good age they are , the thirties ;) ... This incident was funny if u read it now. But yea, i guess u need to concentrate. Kya chakkar hai? Aaj kal dhyaan kidhar hai ... reminds me of the song 'ek baat kahun gar maano tum' from Golmaal. Kahin tumhe pyaar hua toh nahin hai! :))

     
  • At June 09, 2005 5:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi How are you?.

    Hmm, forgetting things. May be start maintaining dairy or PDA helps!!. Try out. :)


    Have you seen "50 First dates" movie??. Watch it?.

     
  • At June 09, 2005 6:56 PM, Blogger Vivhyd said…

    Haha. pretty funny.. hey .. this is the 3rd time or so.. that I am thinking of a topic for my blog, decide on it and then see it somewhere else.. was gonna post on forgetting too.. anyways.. hectic travelling uh? I love to travel.. wht abt u?

     
  • At June 09, 2005 7:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    my goodness that is the height of absentmindedness! :) i can't say that i was not laughing while reading your posting but i do understand absent mindedness. Even i am like that sometimes as well.

    Tumhare liye toh shayad yehi hai...getting old! :P Just kidding! :)

    Bacchein hone se pehle hi aaisa....bacchon ki baatein kaise yaad rakhogai :P bechara patidev par bahut responsiblity aa jaani wali hai :)

     
  • At June 09, 2005 8:22 PM, Blogger mannat said…

    Deepak...well, I am glad, not everyone thinks that after 30, life gets all boring. Chakar wakar kuch nahi hai...just the job tension...it's just getting too frustrating lately, which I guess is affecting me in many other ways. Yeah, this song would have fit me well, par abh tou mujhe pyaar hue 4 saal ho gayen hai...maybe it's coming as a tube light, after all these yrs:)
    Welcome Govind...long time, no see...where have u been? Enough of the break...now get back to business. Dairy or PDA....not my cup of tea...woh bhi bhool jaayeaa karoongi:) Yeah, have watched "50 first dates". Luckily, abhi baat wahaan tak nahi pahunchi:)
    Vivhyd, yeah now it does sound funny....Oh I am sorry, I stole your post...you were gonno write on fogetting?? Count me in! I do like travelling and so I was pretty excited when I first started this job. As long as it's within limits, it's all good.
    Poonam, true...I just can't believe that I am getting so forgetful. Pehle tou poore ghar ke baatein mujhe hi yaad rehti thi. I hope it's not the age...agar abhi yeh haal hai, tou a few yrs down the lane, it would get hard for me to survive:) And I know, abhi tou bache bhi nahi hai...I better get back on track ASAP...nahi tou pati dev ki liye bahut mushkil ho jaayega:)

     
  • At June 12, 2005 6:02 AM, Blogger Jon Doe said…

    Right! You need a Doctor ;)

     
  • At June 13, 2005 11:07 PM, Blogger Tarun said…

    I don't think it's aging....Meetings ka asar hai.

     
  • At June 15, 2005 10:12 AM, Blogger Vivhyd said…

    Hi!! I TAGGED u .. (if u rn't aware.. I was tagged and I need to tag a few.. details in my blog)..

     
  • At June 17, 2005 8:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    LOL... mannat.. the only reason behind this.. is that u r getting old... :P

     
  • At June 21, 2005 3:14 PM, Blogger mannat said…

    Ankur...nahi yaar...dr. woktor kuch nahi kar sakta....I think, this, I could handle myself.
    Tarun...I agree with you cent %.
    Manpreet...getting old could be one reason also...don't worry, I am sure in that case, u r getting there soon:)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home