Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Scott Peterson to be sentenced to death & a new song.

Scott Peterson was sentenced to death this morning by a California judge. The judge had a choice to either sentence him to death or to give him life in prison. He chose to sentence him to death!
For those of you who don’t know, Scott Peterson was being convicted for the death of his wife and an unborn child.
Laci Peterson was eight months pregnant when she was reported missing from her house in Modesto, CA on Christmas Eve in 2002. The police along with the family started searching for her. The police had an umbrella of suspicion on Scott Peterson. Scott Peterson told the police that he was on his boat fishing at Berkeley Marina that day. Laci Peterson’s body was found washed (with the feats) on the shore in April 2003, very near to where Peterson said that he was fishing. The police got warrant to arrest Scott and arrested him while he was driving with $10,000 cash in his car. He had bleached his hair and looked different. Police suspected that he had concealed his identity and was going to cross the border to go to Mexico.
The case took a turn when Amber Frey came forward and told the police that she had an affair with Scott Peterson and he never told her that he was married. She agreed to testify in the court, which she later did. She also has a book out on this whole affair now (and so many people think that she simply wants to make money and is not telling the truth).

There are still speculations out there that Scott Peterson is not guilty. I personally think that he is guilty and that he did kill his wife because he wanted to be with Amber.

Things like this make me sick. How could someone be so cruel? He could have easily divorced her – that would have been better!!

Anyways, I have was travelling yesterday and while I was driving, I heard this song 'Bulla Ki Jaana Main Kaun'. Now I had heard very good reviews about this song - but you just have to listen the song to fall in love with the music. I heard it over & over again for atleast 5 hrs - so u could well imagine:)When I heard the song, I didn't understand half of it. Even though I am a 'punjabi kudi' the lyrics went way over my head. So right when I got back home, I searched for it's lyrics and english translation:)

The song goes....

Bulla ki jaana main kaun
Bulla ki jaana main kaun
Bulla ki jaana main kaun
Bulla ki jaana main kaun

Na main moman vich maseetan
Na main vich kufar dian reetan
Na main pakan vich paleetan

Na main andar bed kitaban
Na main rehnda phaang sharaban
Na main rehnda mast kharaban

Na main shadi na ghamnaki
Na main vich paleetan pakeen
Na main aaabi na main khaki

Na main aatish na main paun
Bulla ki jana main kaun
Bulla ki jana main kaun
Bulla ki jana main kaun
Bulla ki jana main kaun

Na main arabi na lahori
Na main hindi shehar Nagaori
Na hindu na turk pashauri

Na main bhet mazhab de paya
Na main aadam hawwa jaya
Na koi apna naam dharaya

Avval aakhar aap nu jana
Na koi dooja hor pacchana
Mai ton na koi hor syana

Bulle shah kharha hai kaun
Bulla ki jaana main kaun
Bulla ki jaana main kaun
Bulla ki jaana main kaun
Bulla ki jaana main kaun

Na main moosa na pharoah
Na main jagan na vich saun
Na main aatish na main paun
Na main rahnda vich Nadaun
Na main baitthan na vich bhaun
Bulle shah kharha hai kaun

Here is the the English Translation of Bulla Ki Jaana


Bulla ki Jaana
Bulla, I know not who I am
Bulla, I know not who I am
Nor am I the believer in mosque
Nor am I in idol worship
Nor am in the pure or the impure
Nor am I in the Vedas

Nor am I in the intoxicants
Nor am I in the carefree deviant
Nor am I union nor grief
Nor am I in the pure/impure
Nor am I of the water nor of the land
Nor am I fire nor air
Bulla, I know not who I am

Nor am I Arabic nor from Lahore
Nor am I the Indian city of Nagaur
Nor am I Hindu nor a Peshawari turk
Nor did I create the difference of faith
Nor did I create Adam-Eve
Nor did I name myself
Beginning or end I know just the self
Do not recognise ’’the other one’’
There’s none wiser than I
Who is this Bulla Shah
Bulla, I know not who I am

If you haven't heard it yet...do listen to it.

7 Comments:

  • At March 16, 2005 9:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i listen to the Today show while i get ready in the morning..so heard about the verdict for the Scott Peterson trial today..good to hear that he was sentenced to death because i really think that he did it. It just seems too fishy that he was running away to Mexico..and then i had also heard the tape phone conversations between him and amber..and he seemed like he was quite interested in her..anyway..good to hear that justice will be served.

    I have heard that song from someone..and its bothering me because i don't remember who told me abt. that song...aargh. anyway..i am going to find it..sounds great! :) even i am a punjabi kudi..par mere sar ke oopar bhi gaya :P

     
  • At March 17, 2005 1:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    LOL @ poonam...

    rem'ber my post about Bullah?? http://dotmsb.com/2005/01/17/bullah-ke-jaane-mein-kaun/


    Mannat, its an awesome song.. video is nice as well..

     
  • At March 17, 2005 8:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Scott has had his days... he deserved it. Not many people support capital but he deserved it.
    The judge even denied the appeal... good on that!

    I've heard that song only a couple of times... sounds good but don't know if I like it... seems like one of those you get taste developed and then you get addicted :)

     
  • At March 17, 2005 10:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    tusi great ho Manpreete! Mere ko lag raha tha ke shayad tere blog se hi maine pada tha! :) Thanks..now its not bothering me anymore :P

     
  • At March 17, 2005 11:40 AM, Blogger mannat said…

    Poonam...yeah, this whole Scott Peterson thing was hard to believe. I, from the very first day knew that the husband killed her. I am glad that he got what he deserved.
    Oh, you have to hear this song - -so mesmerizing.....
    So u r a 'punjabi kudi' too? hmm...interesting. Most of my friends came to me when they heard this song, thinking that I would know the lyrics (I always boast around that my punjabi is really good:)...but not even a single word got inside my head. I think this is the Bulle Shah's punjabi/urdu mix...
    Manpreet - -so u have heard this song? I haven't seen the video- will search for it now and have a look at it.
    Mohan - thanks for stopping by & leaving your comment. Yes, this song really grows on you - the more you listen to it, the better it sounds.
    I am glad Poonam that the mystery has ended -now you can get one thing out of your mind:):)
    Ok...back to work....

     
  • At March 18, 2005 2:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Poonam, aaj pehli baar kuch kaam ki baat kahi tune...

    tusi great ho Manpreete! :D

     
  • At March 18, 2005 7:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Here the english translation of the song I got from my school's alumni mailinglist ... Enjoy !!!


    > >And Now a song with same meaning a above (but in English!)
    > >
    > >Bulla ki jaana main kaun?-3
    > >
    > >Dua Ki jana main kaun
    > >
    > >Nor do I get only to priest in mosque!
    > >
    > >Neither can you get me running amok!
    > >
    > >Nor am I in discussing right or wrong!
    > >
    > >Neither am I in Vedic ritual hymn or song!
    > >
    > >Nor do you feel me inebriated deep!
    > >
    > >Neither can you feel me meditating deep!
    > >
    > >Nor are you close to me with grown beard!
    > >
    > >Neither when are you dressed as saint or weird!
    > >
    > >Nor am I in drinking water and earth sustaining!
    > >
    > >Neither in warmth of fire and cool of winds flowing!
    > >
    > >Bulla only knows - “who am I?”
    > >
    > >Nor do you get me praying in Aarbic or Lahori!
    > >
    > >Neither living in Hindu town with religious glory!
    > >
    > >Nor am I any close to any races of Hindus or Turkish or Peshauries!
    > >
    > >Neither I am different in different religious books stories!
    > >
    > >Nor am I any different to Adam or eve!
    > >
    > >Neither I object in what name you give!
    > >
    > >To know me know yourself!
    > >
    > >Don't look any where else!
    > >
    > >You have within you all the wisdom!
    > >
    > >Bulla wants to give you freedom!
    > >
    > >Bulla only knows- “who am I?”
    > >
    > >Nor was I was different to Moses or Pharaoh’s saving the weak!
    > >
    > >Neither am I realized differently waking or in sleep!
    > >
    > >Nor am I any different in warmth of fire and cool of winds!
    > >
    > >Neither am I different to dark of ignorant minds
    > >
    > >Nor I get you fast if you sit or run!
    > >
    > >Neither am I in sorrow or in fun!
    > >
    > >You have within you all the wisdom!
    > >
    > >Bulla only knows- “who am I?”

     

Post a Comment

<< Home